Beetroot & Spinach Salad with Coriander Pesto
- Bunch of spinach washed and shredded
- 1 beetroot spiraled or grated
- Bunch of Fennel tops
- 1/2 pkt (Wright Sprouts) Broccoli Mix (Broccoli, Alfalfa & Radish Sprout Mix)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes soaked 30 minutes and chopped (Ceres Organic)
- 1 smoked chipotle chillies soaked an chopped (Orcona) Optional
Put all ingredients into a bowl and toss until combined.
Coriander Pesto Ingredients
- 1 pkt raw sunflower sprouts (Wright Sprouts)
- Bunch of fresh corriander finely chopped
- Bunch of fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil.
Pulse chop the raw sunflower sprouts in either a food processor of dry blender but keep them chuncky not fine, add the fresh chopped herbs and olive oil and combine to form a pesto.
Note: If you want to add salt do it here but the sun-dried tomatoes in the salad are salted so I don't believe it is necessary.
Now fold 2 Tbsp of the pesto through the salad and enjoy.
Note: It has a bite but if you don't like chillies then leave then out.