Blue Pea and Chickpea Falafel
- 1 packet Wright Sprouts Blue Pea Sprouts
- 1 packet Wright Sprouts Chickpea Sprouts
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- A good bundle of fresh mint and coriander
- Salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed to help bind it.
This recipe can be either done in a dehydrator where it will be a raw nutrient dense option or it can be cooked in the oven at 200c
In a food processor puree the Wright Sprouts Blue Pea and Chickpea sprouts together, add all the other ingredients and mix together. If the mixutre needs thinning add a little water.
Make them into balls or small patties and place on a well greased oven tray or on a lined dehydrator tray. Cook until they are brown, turning as needed until they are crispy on the outside. Dehydrate for 3 hours or until the outside is dry.
Serving suggestions: Serve as finger food with a yoghurt and garlic dipping sauce or stuff them in a pita bread with fresh tomatoes, salad and yoghurt.
They're also great for school lunches. Also can be served with salad as in the photo above.
NB: Photo was the dehydrated version.